Check out a delicious Vegan recipe for waffles made with our certified organic maple sugar. Top them with our delicious certified organic maple syrup in either amber/rich or dark/robust flavors, or add the bourbon barrel aged maple syrup for even more interesting flavors!
- 1 ½ cups of All purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Sterling Valley Maple Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups of Almond or Soy milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Vegan butter (for the waffle iron)
Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Melt the coconut oil. Put the wet ingredients in and whisk just enough to incorporate the wet and dry together (10-13 whisks).
Cover the batter and let stand for 30 minutes. Brush melted vegan butter on the iron. Approximately 1/2 cup of batter will make a 7" waffle. This recipe will make seven to eight 7" waffles.
Serve with your favorite Sterling Valley Maple Syrup.
Thanks to our friend Joe Sweeney for this delicious recipe